There are essential steps for making the right keyword strategy, that do not depend on the status of your application.
STEP 1: LEARNING THE STRUCTURE OF EXISTING APPS
- First of all, analyze your competitors. In 99% of cases, you are not the first to the market. Therefore, you will find a couple of competitors in the TOP;
- Brainstorm it. Collect all the ideas of the main keywords and its combinations.
- Build the hierarchy of potential pages by logic. Usually, all the applications have the following structure: Startup → View→ ASO.
STEP 2: GATHERING THE KEY MATRIX
Let’s take a query related, for example, to this short article about «keywords».
- Select synonyms. At first sight, it may seem the simplest. Here are some synonyms that fit our category:
- promotions keywords
- key phrases
- key words
By the way, it’s easy to find synonyms by examining the results of Google’s search results. Just put the word into the search engine and look through the delivery, note the nuances.
- Analyze the competitive app’s pages for high-frequency synonyms. To do this, you can use the services to analyze the positions of ASOdesk or TheTool. As a result, only competitors’ apps are visible in the output, which has already written a description with these phrases.
Next step, the technique: take each URL, copy it and check the position in the search.
- Examine the difficulty of keywords. Desired keywords can be difficult to promote. You do not need to choose high competitive keywords. You can easily use similar (long-tail or short-tail keywords) and promote them in the TOP by position. For ex.: You want to promote an app «Photo Editor For Instagram» with the keyword «Instagram» and bring your application into 1st place by request. Such a popular keyword will lead you to the TOP-250 because the competition is high. Therefore, in order to achieve your goals, you should choose a similar keyword, for example, «Instagram editor» or «Instagram photo processing».
- Select the keyword for the title. The final step is to write a correct page title with the use of TOP keyword that passes your app.
The main criteria for creating a title are:
- The length – is up to 60 characters or 6-10 words;
- Use encouraging words;
- Remember your brand to increase recognition;
- Write Each First Letter Capital;
STEP 3: MAKING CONCLUSIONS
- Analyze competitors and their structure.
- Gather the keyword matrix.
Keywords selection is only an initial stage in progress, but without it, you won’t achieve your goals. Start your successful promotion correctly.Also, you can use keywords from your developer console to promote using our service. Read here how to choose them.